If like me, you love the idea of being able to customize your mod with unique vape mod skins, then read on. We have put together a detailed guide on how to add custom vape mod skins onto your device. A big thank you to Señor D-Cal for allowing We Vape Mods to embed his video for the purpose of this tutorial.
Vape mod skins are usually made from high-performance vinyl and can come in a variety of styles and colors. A template is needed for each different vape device and can be purchased readily online. For the instructions below, we have used a wrap for a VOOPOO DRAG 157W TC Gene Chip Box Mod. These same techniques can be applied to any mod sticker.
Make sure to follow the instructions below closely and you will soon have your own unique looking mod.
Things You Will Need
- Vape Mod Skin
- Alcohol Wipe
- Cotton Swab
- Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
Custom Vape Mod Skins Tutorial
- Wipe your entire mod thoroughly with an alcohol wipe. Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Starting with the face of your device. Carefully line up the cut holes with your buttons and screen gap. Make sure to only apply pressure to the center sections, not the corners and grooves.
- Follow the middle section up towards the top of your mod and carefully extend the vinyl to the back edge. Try and not stretch the vinyl as this will negatively affect the final product.
- Next, you need to prepare the bottom section for the application. Carefully align the vent holes to your cut vinyl, leaving even space around the holes. As before, make sure to only apply pressure to the center sections.
- Moving onto the back of your mod, carefully position your sticker in the center of the panel.
- Flip your mod over and apply the battery door skin. Ensure the sticker is facing the right way. Align the top left side first and the rest should fall into place.
- Use your heat gun or hair dryer sparingly to heat up the vinyl. This process allows you to flatten out the corners and grooves easily and precisely.
- Grab your cotton swab and apply even pressure with it around the nooks and crannies of your mod. You can even get in there with your thumb. Just make sure that you are applying even pressure from the center out.
- Do one final pass with the heat gun or hair dryer to ensure the vinyl has adhered properly.
And that’s it! If you are having trouble with any of the above instructions, please watch the step by step tutorial provided below.
Post your wraps below, share the love. We would love to hear about your experiences with vinyl wraps.
Last Updated on