Been thinking about creating your own e-liquid or vape juice but don’t know where to start? Then you need to keep reading to find out how to make vape juice!
How To Make Vape Juice At Home?
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been vaping for a few months or a few years, the lure of how to make your own vape juice is extremely attractive. Being able to mix new flavors and come up with delicious vape juice that you can share with other vapers and friends can be a lot of fun. Apart from the obvious joy of making your own cool flavored vape juice, creating your own vape juice can be an easy way to save quite a lot of money buying expensive e-liquid.
What Are The Ingredients In Vape Juice?
When it comes to whats in do it yourself e-juice, there are five important ingredients:
- Propylene Glycol (PG) – PG is responsible for the throat hit in vape juice. It’s also flavorless and helps to carry flavors in the vape juice. If you have any reaction to PG, then you should avoid any vape juices with PG and stick to 100% VG vape juice.
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG) – VG is where all those large fluffy clouds of vapor come from. VG is a thick and sweet liquid, that is created naturally from vegetables. When you’re chasing clouds, you want a 100% VG vape juice.
- Nicotine – This is 100% optional. You can choose to add more or less nicotine depending on your own tastes. Be aware, however, that nicotine can alter the flavor of any vape juice. Nicotine ranges from 0mg all the way up to 36mg. Nicotine can also be dangerous to handle and can be absorbed directly through the skin. Always follow nicotine safety precautions.
- Flavoring – This is where creating your own vape juice gets really exciting! Avoid using food flavoring and stick to flavoring which has been developed to be inhaled through vaporizers and e-cigarettes. Different flavors will be stronger than others, so add them in small, measured increments to prevent the vape juice from becoming overpowered.
Cheap DIY Vape Supplies
You’ll need some basic supplies for making your own vape juice but don’t worry, learning how to make vape juice won’t require that you go out and buy a lot of expensive laboratory equipment. However, if you’re going to stick with making your own vape juice, then you’ll want to invest in some high-quality vape juice supplies. Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Vape juice bottles with safety caps are important. Try to use new bottles rather than cleaning and reusing old bottles.
- Accuracy is key when it comes to making your own vape juice. Syringes will allow you to keep track of your measurements and accurately add ingredients.
- Paper Towel or disposable wipes will come in handy to wipe any spills up.
- Surgical gloves are essential when handling chemicals like nicotine. Powder-free rubber gloves are cheap and disposable.
How to Make Vape Juice?
This is the most important part! The step-by-step process of how to mix your own vape juice. Don’t worry, it isn’t too complicated, and there are lots of tutorial videos available online if you get confused or would like additional information.
- Preparing the Nicotine – This part will require some basic math. There are online calculators and apps to help if you’re struggling. If you’re using diluted nicotine, simply use its strength in mg and the volume of your vape juice to work out the required amount of nicotine. Remember, less is more.
- Getting the Flavor Ready – when you first start, stick to the basics. Don’t try rushing through until you’re a little more experienced. Remember, don’t ever add more than 20% flavoring compared to the total volume of the vape juice material. There are thousands of recipes available online to begin your DIY vape juice.
- Preparing the PG/VG Base – Most vape juices are 70/30 VG/PG. This gives you a decent throat hit combined with good vapor production. Remember, if you’re using diluted nicotine then it may contain either PG or VG.
- Mixing Time – Now you’re ready to combine your nicotine, flavoring, and base PG/VG mix. Combine all the ingredients and then shake vigorously for a good amount of time. You may even want to consider investing in an electronic shaker. High VG vape juice will require more mixing.
- Steeping Time – Now it’s time to steep your liquid. There are many different ways to accomplish this, but a simple way is to steep your e-liquid in a warm bath combined with shaking.
Let us know in the comments below if you try this out and how successful you were.
Last Updated on