If you’re curious about vape juice or what’s in vape juice, then keep on reading!
Whether you’re an experienced vaper or beginner vaper, knowing what’s inside your vape juice is an important part of vaping. Unlike traditional cigarettes, e-cigarettes utilize a liquid known as vape juice, e-juice, or e-liquid.
Vaping has exploded in popularity all around the globe over the last decade or so. What started with pre-loaded e-cigarettes that look like traditional cigarettes, has morphed into large personal vaporizers that can throw out some seriously delicious clouds of vapor.
Vape Juice Ingredients
Vape juice is made up of five main ingredients. Unlike traditional cigarettes which have over 400 chemicals, many of which are known to cause cancer and other serious health problems. The five ingredients found in vape juice are:
- Propylene Glycol – Propylene Glycol or PG is what gives vape juice the ‘throat hit’ similar to what smoker’s experience when they smoke a cigarette. PG by itself is a thin liquid which carries flavor well but has no flavor of its own. By itself it doesn’t produce very much vapor, that’s why you see PG mixed with other ingredients to produce clouds. Some people experience an allergic reaction to PG and if so it’s best to stick with 100% VG vape juices.
- Vegetable Glycerin – Vegetable Glycerin or VG is what makes vape juice produce so much vapor! It’s a 100% natural product sourced from vegetables. VG is a thicker liquid and has a slightly sweet taste. VG doesn’t carry flavor well and lacks the ‘throat hit’ of PG so most vape juices you see will be roughly 70/30 VG/PG. We personally recommend new vapers that are trying to quit smoking start off with a 50/50 blend.
- Nicotine – The nicotine in your vape juice should be pharmaceutical grade created specifically for use in vape juice. When you first quit smoking and start vaping it’s recommended that you start off with a higher nicotine/mg and then transition down over a few weeks or months.
- Distilled Water – Distilled water is used in vape juice to ‘water down’ the vape juice if the ratios are too high or the nicotine is too high. The majority of vape juices don’t contain any distilled water.
- Flavoring – Flavoring is what makes vaping and vape juice so much fun! There are thousands of different flavor profiles to choose from. It’s important to remember that vape juices with high nicotine won’t be available in more subtle flavors as nicotine has a strong taste which subtle flavors don’t cover up. You can also modify the flavor by steeping your vape juice. There are fruits, desserts, tobacco, cakes, drinks, candy and hundreds of other popular flavors to choose from. Ultimately, the flavor you choose will depend on your taste buds.
Comment below what you thought vape juice was made out of.